Work is starting to take a toll on me. Yeah, it was always tiring, but I basically passed out the past 3 nights. Woke up in the middle of the night confused to why the lights were still on.
Working overtime tomorrow. I’ve been working overtime for 2 weeks now, but tomorrow will be my first weekend OT. As interns, we’re not obligated to work overtime at all, but so much moneys…can’t resist the 1.5x pay. Plus, they really need as much people to work. We started the week off with around 4000 orders and we had to get it down to 1000 by the end of the week. Today, we were almost at 5000. Da hail?!
I started writing a post about my “field trip” to the dialysis center, but I fell asleep before finishing it and now I’m too tired to. Will probably write that when I’m not half asleep, which will be never.
It sucks but doesn’t suck at the same time.
- Work is from 8-5, which isn’t so bad, but because of traffic and because it’s somewhat far away, I have to wake up at 6:40 every morning (I couldn’t even wake up for my 10:30 class this past semester…).
- Bedtime is pretty much now midnight. Old person status right here.
- I’m going to be doing the same thing for the entire summer, which is sitting in front of a computer doing the “tech translation” job. Sorta boring and repetitive.
- I feel like I won’t really be learning thaaat much, but I think I’m going to try learning all the drugs and stuff myself so I can be a genius next year when we take a renal class.
- Lunch time is awkward because I’m usually done eating within 10 minutes and I don’t really know what to do with my other 50 minutes since I don’t know anyone there.
- Since my daddy works at the same time and his office is less than 5 minutes from my place, we carpool to work which is awesome because not only do I save a shitload of gas money but I can sleep for about an hour before and after work!
- How they have every single type of coffee, cappuccino, creamer flavor, tea, and iced tea flavor in the universe. So much to choose from, and it makes my mornings awesome.
- I don’t mind my job because I love busy work and what I’m doing is basically busy work.
- The people there are really nice and the office is too. My trainer is pretty tight, and even though I think he’s annoyed of me because I ask so many damn questions, he’s patient and he’s cool and he gives me super long breaks and lunches.
- We can listen to music while we work (but I probably can’t do that for another 3 weeks since my Zune is dead waaaah)
- Good $$$. Real good $$$.
Probably gonna write another post during my last week there to see how I feel about it then. All in all, I’m excited and happy with this job!