- A weekend meant for catching up on sleep resulted in getting even less sleep than I normally do
- I feel like I just pulled 2 all nighters
- I somehow decided that going out and staying out til 4 am and working at 8 am was a wonderful idea
- Did not go to Cedric Gervais = sad face
- Backstreet Boys were amazing though! Pauly D was super disappoint. Damn it Pauly D, I had high hopes for you!
- I am excited to be teaching 5th grade math every Sunday! I hope the kids aren’t smarter than me and ask me something I don’t know.
- Guy who rear-ended me fixed my bumper very nicely
- However, I think he stole my bra that I left in a bag of clothes…
- And there are white stuff on the side of my car…
- I knew I should’ve emptied my car before leaving it to him
- Rotations are so much better now. Not as scary as I thought it would be. My preceptor told me he really liked me and how I knew a lot. Truth is that I know nothing QQ
- Backstreet Boys concert tomorrow!
- Yesterday’s Yelp event at Pinot’s Palette was so much fun! Too much wine on an empty stomach = great time but not so great painting harhar
- Today I got rear-ended
- Barely any damage luckily and even more luckily, guy that hit me owns a car shop so he said he would fix whatever tiny-ass damage he caused.
- I really want to go to Cedric Gervais this Sunday
- I’m thankful for the people I worked with this past summer because they saved me from being kicked off the Walgreens system! They really went out of their way and might I say “above and beyond” to help a sista out.
- Birthday is coming up in less than 2 weeks and I DON’T KNOW WHAT I WANT OR WHAT I WANT TO DO.
- And I can’t really plan much because I have hell weeks these next 2 weeks
I spent (almost) all weekend online shopping and didn’t even buy a single thing. Now I’m cramming to finish a paper even though I have to be up in 7 hours. I am also dead tired plus I decided it was a good idea to go all the way to uptown to eat dinner with my friend tonight.
Cmon Alice, when will you ever learn good study habits?
This has seriously been the longest week ever. I kept thinking it was Thursday when it was really Wednesday. It’s been 3 days of school when it feels like it’s been at least a month. Maybe it’s because I never had a break. Right after my internship ended, the very next day was orientation, then I had my one weekend of freedom, then Monday was the first day.
School sucks. Mainly, rotations are such a pain. I thought work was exhausting…this is definitely worse. Even though I can wake up at 8 to work at 9, apparently waking up an hour earlier is a significant difference. I’ve been falling asleep at 10pm and I can barely get any work done at home because I’m so tired. 3rd year is going to suck.
On the contrary:
- SO excited about Restaurant Week. Tonight we went to Capital Grille. Yes, I did just blow off $90, and the whole time, I kept thinking what a nice pair of shoes (or two…or three) I could’ve gotten with that money. Sigh, foodie problems.
- We’re also going to Chamberlain’s for lunch on Friday who claims their lunch and dinner menu are the same although I highly, highly doubt that. If it is the same, $25 will be a steal. If it’s not, well, fuck the person who told me so on the phone!
- I went to my first Yelp Elite event on Tuesday! The event was so great! Free food and free wine. So excited to see what more the Elite team has in store for the year.
- Even though I probably complained a lot about my Walgreens internship, I learned a ton and am grateful to have worked for the company. I hope I can find a place to work at over the school year.
- To also bring in some extra money, I’m working at my old Chinese school by teaching 2nd grade math. I almost sort of regret this because I know I’m going to be busy with school, but 2nd grade math can’t be too bad, right?
- Spent the last day at pharmacy #2 with food poisoning or something. Pharmacist definitely knew something was up when I kept leaving the pharmacy every 10 minutes. Thank god it was not a busy day, but it was quite possibly one of the most awkward goodbyes ever (cause I literally ran out of the pharmacy to the bathroom…#tmi)
- It’s totally true that once you start buying nice things, you can never go back. Never really understood it because I’ve been (and still am, sorta) ridiculously cheap my entire life, but after buying that damn $400 purse, I don’t think I can buy anything else that’s not name brand and I’m starting to think $150 purses are cheap. What’s wrong with me??
- Trying to revamp my wardrobe since a lot of what I have are too big on me, looks cheap, and/or just simply not cute. Mainly it’s the too big factor which is awesome.
- Aside from sounding like a conceited bitch, I’m doing blood glucose and blood pressure testing tomorrow for 3 hours. Last time was a lot of fun (free food and free booze and by booze, it was wine samples but still), and I felt like we were really able to help out some of the patients who has never gotten these sort of tests.
- 2nd 4th of July with ze boyfriend! Barbeque and Fair Park! Food was aite but seriously, the shittiest fireworks I have ever seen. Like cmon, it’s Fair Park.
- I’m finally getting new sneakers! ^__^ Soooo happy! I’ve been wearing the same ones I got in 10th grade which are TWO sizes too big.
- I don’t like the new pharmacy I’m at. :( 24 hour pharmacies suck balls. Seriously, people take the 24 hours too seriously. On Tuesday, I was supposed to get off at 10pm and left at 10:50…like it’s bedtime, not time to go pick up your meds.
- Also, the people I work with aren’t very friendly minus one of the pharmacists who thank god actually cares about my learning and is very patient with me. The other people are just really cold and short with me…makes the days go by really slowly.
- I also work really bad hours. Either it’s 8-4 or 2-10. I miss my 9-5 :(
- I complain too much but really, I am extremely thankful for this internship and what I have learned so far.
- Last day at my pharmacy since I’m working at another Walgreens next week. Really sad because the people I worked with were super cool. Right when I’m starting to be comfortable with everyone, I have to leave. Time to be awkward once again with new people who will think I’m stupid.
- I’ll probably get my 2nd paycheck before I even get my 1st. Cmon!
- Today I helped out a Mandarin speaking patient. First time I realized the power of being bilingual.
- My purse came in and is so beautiful :3
- I gave a bad review for a restaurant on Yelp and in return got a $50 gift certificate to give the restaurant a second chance. #winning
My life is so average that it’s not average.
If that even makes any sense.
- Work is aite, although I hate not having a steady 9-5 schedule, the loads of stress, being pushed to do things that I haven’t learned yet, standing up all day, etc.
- Although I am glad I chose Walgreens over CVS
- Maybe it’s because I didn’t eat a big dinner, but I’m at a record low weight today!! Seriously never thought I would be at the weight I am now (will probably gain it back very quickly). Super proud of myself for eating well but not to the point where I’m saying no to everything. The key is moderation!
- I’m mainly writing this post because my first designer purse EVER is coming in tomorrow and I’m beyond excited! So excited that I had to write about it somewhere!
I’m really glad that so far this summer, I’ve spent a lot of time quality time with my girlfriends. Even though most of them already graduated and are heading down their own paths and I didn’t get to see them much at all in the past 2 years, I’m glad we have all been able to reunite and reconnect. It really makes me sad that when we were all together at UT, I took the time we had together for granted. Thank you girls for being the most caring, sincere, and honest friends a girl could have. I look forward to more classy and ratchet adventures to come!
I’m swearing to myself I won’t miss the next big concert I want to go to just because all my friends aren’t going. I’ll fucking buy a ticket for my boyfriend if I have to because there has been WAY too many missed opportunities in the past 2 years.
I’ve literally been unpacking my stuff from my Amarillo for 2 weeks and I still have a lot left.
I also don’t have enough room in my room to fit everything. Like seriously, did I get THAT much stuff in the past 2 years? Now, I have to clean out my room so I can put in more shit.
- Packing sucks. Thank god I had to go back to Dallas so many times for dentist appointments (and especially for my “permanent” crown cracking at my last appointment) or else I would have no idea how I would move back all my stuff. I would have to rent UHaul and my parents would probably make me pay for it.
- Why do I have so much shit? Like I literally have too much of everything. Too many clothes, too many shoes, too many writing utensils, too many hangers, too many everything! Junk collector forreals.
- Speaking of having so much, if I have a job this summer, I think I’m going to invest in a really nice purse.
- And if not a purse, then some kind of concert tickets because I haven’t been to a concert in 2 years.
- Instead of packing, I watched a movie instead.
- At the beginning of the semester, all I had to do was lose 5 pounds to reach my goal. Now I have to lose 8 because I’ve been a fatass.
- So I’ve been trying to diet and go to the gym, but instead, I’ve either been gaining weight or not losing weight.
- My bone density is awesome considering I’m an Asian female. Thank you for blessing me with awesome genes, parentals!
- I went to get my tonsils checked and from 0 to 4, 4 being they’re so big they’re overlapped, I’m a 3, yet somehow, I can breathe perfectly fine and barely ever get infections.
- I think I might have an internship lined up for the summer!
- My rotation sites suck for next year. I got all my last choices or some I didn’t even pick at all. My farthest one is Fort Worth. Wtf. So 1 hour distance + traffic + trying to get there before 7 in the morning = death.
- Too tired to write anymore.
People weren’t kidding when they said pharmacy school will pass by with a blink of an eye. I guess from constantly studying all the time, I was blinded by the fact that I’ll be leaving Amarillo in 2 months. I’ve been here for over a year and a half, and it seems like just yesterday that I was moving in. As much as I complain about this place, I really am going to miss it. It was my home for 2 years, and a lot has happened during that time. I’ve had so many depressing moments yet also a ton of exciting ones (ie I kissed my first girl hah!).
Even though I felt like I’ve done everything and been everywhere in this small town, little did I know there is so much left for me to explore!
- Drive-in movie theater
- Horse back riding at the canyon
- And might as well go hiking at the canyon again
- Food, food, food. Why did I waste all my money and time going to the same restaurants? There are so many mom and pop places I still need to go to!
- Tiny ass “botanical” garden
- Gun range
I’ve been feeling very adventurous lately. It’s probably a combination of owning a DSLR, starting up a “professional” blog, and becoming an avid Yelper that I just want to go everywhere and try everything.
I also cannot wait for Austin this weekend!
Time to cram for my renal exam tomorrow. I thought I would like the class since I interned for a pharmacy specialized in kidney disease. Yeah…nope.