- Winter break: First break without a job and without him. First time eating German food. Pointless and irrelevant doctor shadowing. Bad break overall.
- Spring semester: First time going out with Emily+David and been going out with them basically all the time from then on. Bangs were still short. Still part of church group but eventually left. Lots of nights in with my roomie and third roomie. Sondre Lerche concert = best concert ever. First time rushing sororities. Lots and lots of snow when I went home during Valentine’s/Chinese New Years weekend. First time building a legit snowman in Texas. First time getting a credit card. Spending too much money on a pointless birthday present. Geology field trip even though I’m not even in the class. Saw Blake Mycoskie, creator of TOMS, speak (brilliant speaker, btw). RIP Hammie. First “hookup”. Saw Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman, hosts of Mythbusters, speak. Amazing GirlTalk concert. Survived ochem lab; didn’t survive microbiology. Lost around 15 pounds since end of TAMS (woot woot).
- Summer break: Still without a job. First time clubbing in Dallas. First time encountering a mouse in my house. First time getting into a (minor) car accident. First summer without CYC. Getting a pathetic B in community college government. Got addicted to coffee. Spent hours at Starbucks and Barnes and Noble. Actually studied for the PCAT. Getting Winnie (new hamster).
- Fall semester: First time living in apartment. First time buying curling iron. First time drinking. Cheap Fogo de Chao during Austin Restaurant Week. UTeach. Poor decisions. First time eating Gourdoughs. Shook hands and got autographs from N.E.R.D. Young coming down to Austin. Became more active in organizations. Made my own Halloween costume. Anthony’s graduation. First new “boyfriend” in years. Got my first A’s at UT. First Black Friday shopping at mall (never going again). Gained 5 pounds.
- Winter break again: Lunar eclipse. Pharmacist shadowing. No job. Photoshoot. Ending the year with Jae.
I know this is long and tedious, but it’s mainly for me to look back at all that happened within a year. I have changed and grown. I can’t wait to see what 2011 has in store for me.